On April 14-16, the National Association for Environmental Management (NAEM) will host its second Women’s EHS & Sustainability Leadership Roundtable in San Antonio, Texas.
The roundtable was initiated three years ago by a committee of prominent corporate leaders of environment, health and safety (EHS) and sustainability management, who sought a forum for discussing the unique challenges of women’s leadership.
“As a membership association our mission is to respond to the needs of our members,” said NAEM Deputy Director Virginia Hoekenga. “This conference is an opportunity for women to develop their leadership capacity, no matter where they are in their careers.”
The two-day agenda will kick off with a keynote presentation by Elizabeth Heider, Chief Sustainability Officer with Skanska USA, who will discuss how she is defining her role as the company’s first leader in this position. The agenda also includes sessions dedicated to best practice-sharing, leadership development and networking opportunities for both established and emerging leaders in the profession.
Another highlight of the conference will be a half-day seminar with Mariela Dabbah, Founder of “The Red Shoe Movement”, who will discuss how to change organizational culture and will facilitate a series of mentoring conversations.
The conference is receiving financial support from NRG Energy Inc., the largest solar power developer in the country and a pioneer in developing smarter energy choices.
The members of this year’s organizing committee are:
• Sandy Nessing, Managing Director, Sustainability & ESH Strategy; American Electric Power Co. Inc.
• Kym Fawcett, Manager, Safety & Social Responsibility; Enerplus Corp.
• Gretchen Hancock, Leader, EHS Governance; General Electric Co.
• Fawn Bergen, Senior Environmental Engineer – Air Permitting, Corporate EHS; Intel Corp.
• Emily Hansroth, Senior Environmental Engineer, Environmental Sustainability; Lockheed Martin Corp.
• Laura Murphy, Vice President Customer Experience; KMI
• Pat Perry Werneiwski, Director; CVS Health Corp.
• Kathleen Shaver, Director Sustainability and Risk; Cisco Systems Inc.
• Lanita Stevens, Manager, Product Stewardship & Sustainability; USG Corp.
• Minda Sarmiento, Senior Program Manager, CB&I Co.
For more information about NAEM’s Women’s Leadership Roundtable or to learn how to become a sponsor, please visit http://womensleadership.naem.org.