With Spring in the air I wanted to chat a little on a lighter theme. We’ve shared discussion on the results of bad leadership and disengaged employees, frustrated by working harder yet accomplishing less. On a sunnier note, let’s look up, take a deep breath and reflect upon those things that we know for sure…those axioms of leadership…those things we can hold on to.
What are those truths that allow us to continuously improve our leadership effectiveness AND “hit the numbers” AND “lift people” to experience greater success? Here are some of my axioms to get us going…
- people don’t care what you know until they know you care
- go slow to go fast
- facts are friends
- 3 C’s matter: character, competence and chemistry
- a shepherd never beats the sheep
- you’ll never fatten the lamb by constantly weighing it
- always take the high road
- excellence matters
- courtesy counts
- pay now and play later
- fight for your family
- train well for short sprints
- finish well
I trust that this listing triggered some emotions. I’d love to hear from you.